Putting out a fire can be worse than the fire itself....
Fire damage in a business can be stressful for owners, property managers, employees, and tenants. Property damage, equipment damage, document loss and temporary business closure are just some of the concerns you may experience.
- Here is what you can do until help arrives:
- Limit movement in the facility to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old lines on rugs and high traffic areas.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliance with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between office furniture legs and wet carpets.
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Clean any electrical equipment.
- Send clothing to dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Give SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle a call at 757-479-4447. we are always available 24/7, 365 days a year!
With any leak it's the water you don't see that causes the most damage
Any water damage in your facility is bad.
There is no such thing as a small disaster. Especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria. Water damage can affect the value of your property. So before you get out the mop bucket and box fan to try and clean it up yourself, consider how this will affect your property.
SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle understands how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business. For this reason, SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle offers 24-hour emergency response.
So before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle!
Trained and equipped to quickly dry and protect your facility and contents..
A mop and common cleaning products may not be enough for serious water instructions. SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle is trained to safely clean and restore your building, utilizing the following procedures:
- Identify the source/type of water.
- Measure temperate and humidity for drying analysis.
- Survey the extent of damage and inspect the premises.
- Perform emergency water extraction.
- Apply necessary treatments.
- Utilize drying equipment and monitor drying.
Give SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle a call at 757-249-4447. We are available 24/7, and 365 days a year!
When You Need To Get Back To Business Quickly
Here is how the SERVPRO of Newport News process works...
Within 1 hour from notice of lose, we will contact you to arrange for service. You will know help is on the way.
Within 4 hours, we will be on site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is responding quickly to damage.
We then give you a detailed explanation, a trained, uniformed, and equipped professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
Next is pretesting, we begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward.
Within 8 hours of an on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally the adjuster or property manager.
Now we have the good part...the Cleaning and Restoration step. We will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has taken over.
Lastly, we have the final walk-through. After the work has been completed. a final walk-through will be conducted to help ensure satisfaction will our results.
SERVPRO's 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines help ensure timely communication and response. Quick and accurate response can minimize loss expense from secondary damages.
Give us a call at 757-479-4447
Trying To Sell Your Home?
Clean homes sell faster!
Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminates like mold and irritating dust throughout a home. SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle can examine duct work and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
Duct and HVAC System Cleaning Can:
- Reduce allergens and pet dander
- Eliminate offensive odors
- Improve operating conditions and efficiency
Top Show Conditions and Ready To Sell
It is a fact: A clean, fresh smelling home sells faster. Unfortunately, not all homes are maintained in the same way. Nearly all realtors are faced, at some point, with a difficult listing to show.
Veteran realtors encourage clients to keep their homes in top condition for very important reasons
- Increased market value
- Reduced lice to sale conversion time
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales
SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle offer a variety of services to help revive your listing to top show conditions:
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapery and Blind Cleaning
- Ceiling, Wall, and Hard Floor Cleaning
- Duck & HVAC Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
Give us a call at 757-479-4447 were ready 24/7, 365 days a year!
Fire Damage Tips
Here are some emergency fire damage tips to keep in mind...
- Keep hands clean
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old lines on carpeted traffic area to prevent more soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refigerator and prop doors open
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant
- Do not attemp to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle
- Do not attemp to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or whater without consulting a repair service
Give us a call at 757-479-4447 whenever you are in need!
Your Business Matters To Us
Did you know SERVPRO also helps Commercial Businesses?
Were always ready to help you can trust the SERVPRO brand....
Indoor quality is something that needs to be maintained in a business, and were here for your needs!
Proper Maintenance Saves You Money!!
- World Health Organizations say that poor indoor air quality costs $60 billion in employee sick leave and lost production
- People most at risk include infants and children, pregnant women, elderly, people with compromised repository system, and people with weakened immune systems
Control Moisture and Reduce Mold
Act withing the first 24-48 hours...
- Correct ant water leaks or standing water
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
- Replace wet or visible moldy insulation materials
Ways to Impress Your Customers
- Clean dirty and stained ceilings
- Scrub lobby, furniture and draperies
- Establish maintenance plans for furnishings, carpets, and draperies
- Clean HVAC and air duct system
The SERVPRO Difference
- Reduce potential for mold growth
- Remediate bacteria, fungi, and mold
- Restore peak energy efficiency
- Eliminate offensive odors
- Free written inspections and estimates
You Can Trust SERVPRO Brand Because....
- Over 1,600 Franchises in 48 states means more locations
- More locations means faster responses
- Faster responses means faster mitigation and less damage
- Faster mitigation means less cost
We give free quotes to any situation that may occur to you, we are also open 24/7..365 days a year.
One City Marathon
Vanessa giving out some goodies!
Over the weekend SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle had the pleasure of participating in a huge city marathon. The marathon is actually 26.2 miles long, those runners ran almost all around key areas of Newport News. The marathon started near Newport News park, and ended on 25th street. How crazy is that? Thats almost a 20 minute drive, imagine how long it took those participants to run it! One of our own marketing representatives, Vanessa was out there since before 7am to give out cookies and Gatorade for the runners. Of course she was there until the last runner was able to get some treats from us. SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle was able to participate with the Villanueva Agency Ltd. - Nationwide Insurance. We had such a fun time and cant wait for the next marathon to take place!
Fire, Smoke, and Soot Restoration
SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Fire Damage and Smoke Damage
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today -757-479-4447
You have so much invested in your home... Choose SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle to protect your most valuable assets.
You invest your time, energy, and hard earned resources to maintain, protect and increase the value of your home.
You need work done on your home? You should expect the very best at a fair price. SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle are committed to providing fire and water cleanup and restoration services, as well as top-quality professional cleaning services for your entire home.
What we can do for you?
Fire, Smoke, and Soot Cleanup and Restoration: Pretesting helps SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle determine what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
Water Removal and Dehumidification: SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle can identify the source and type of water, which determines the proper course of action. Drying equipment controls temperature and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup: SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle are trained to safely and effectively clean bio-hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations.
Mold Mitigation and Remediation: SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle work to control and remove mold contaminants while protecting the health and safety of building occupants.
Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning: SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors and improve indoor air quality.
Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care: SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle use the latest IICRC training as we as state-to-the-art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpets pile and backings.
Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications: Using IICRC standards for carpets as a guide, SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle will show you what cleaning options would be best for your carpets level of soiling and explain the benefits of soil protection.
Odor Identifications and Deodorization: SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate the odor form your home.
Give us a call at 757-479-4447 to help you with your residential services!
Restore Your Carpet Back With These Tips!
To protect your carpet, vacuum entrance areas and high-traffic areas twice a week and the rest of the carpeting at least weekly. Oily soils attract oily soils, and frequent vacuuming will reduce soil buildup.
Start with a clean bag or filter
A dirty bag, dirt cup or filter can cut a vacuum’s suction power in half. The main reason bagless vacuums stop working is that the filters aren’t changed often enough. Replace or wash (if possible) the filters on bagless vacuums every three months. Replace vacuum bags when they’re three-quarters full.
Vacuum at the right speed
Vacuum slowly enough to get out as much dirt as possible. Make one quick pass over low-traffic areas and two slow passes over high-traffic areas. Two slow passes removes ground-in dirt more effectively than several fast passes.
Use walk-off mats
Use walk-off mats inside and out to keep dirt off the carpeting. Coarse-textured mats outside your doors remove soil and will make a how to clean carpet project easier. Water-absorbent mats inside prevent wet shoes on the carpeting.
Here at SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle we offer four different cleaning services depending on the soil level. Give us a call for any answers you would like to know at 757-479-4447, available 24/7!