HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!
Happy 4th of July from everyone here at SERVPRO of Kempsville. With the new normal of social distancing, and events being cancelled most firework shows won't be going on this year. In that case, most of us will try to light fireworks on our own. Unfortunately, in some cases fireworks have caused fire damage to some homes. Fireworks cause about 18,500 fires per year. Here are few things you can avoid when handling fireworks.
- Never allow children to play or ignite fireworks
- Never try to re-light fireworks or pickup fireworks that have not initiated fully
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose near in case of a fire or any other mishap
- Make sure fireworks are legal in our area before buying them
- Light fireworks one by one and step back after lighting one.
- Never point or throw fireworks at someone
- Never place a part of your body over a firework when lighting
- Never put them in your pocket or shoot them at glass or metal.
If any case you encounter fire damage due to fireworks you can always give us a call AFTER you call 911 and have the fire put out. We will gladly help with any fire damage here at SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle. Happy 4th of July, and use fireworks with caution!