SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile
Here at SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle, our SMR's offer what we call an "Emergency Ready Profile."
The SERVPRO Emergency Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with us and having you company up to date with a emergency plan it can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Preparation is a key component for making it through any disaster, whether its a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it with our help.
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, of the businesses that survive, they had a preparedness plan in place. 50% may never reopen after suffering a disaster. Dont make your business be one of them. Call SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle to start yours today at 757-479-4447
When the severe storm rolls out... we roll in...
Did you know hurricane season has already started??
Its June 1st- November 30th to be exact. Are you prepared?? We can help you get prepared with simple knowledge.
A thunderstorm is a rain shower during which you hear thunder. Since thunder comes from lightning, all thunderstorms have lightning.
A thunderstorm is classified as "severe" when it contains one or ore of the following:
- winds in excess of 58 mph
- structural wind damage
Warning VS Watch
A severe warning thunderstorm warnings means that a severe thunderstorm is occurring or is imminent based on Doppler radar information or a reliable spotter report. A warning is issued by the local National Weather Service Office.
A sever thunderstorm watch means that the potential exists for the development of thunderstorms which may produce large hail or damaging winds. A watch is issued by the Storm Prediction Center.
Do you know what to have in your Emergency Supply Kit?
It should include...
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food (Non-perishable 3-day supply)
- Manuel can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Duct mask or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local maps
- Hygiene items
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification, and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in waterproof container
What to do before the storm
- To begin preparing, you should build an emergency supply kit and make a family communication plan.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm
- Postpone outdoor activities
- Remember the 30/30 Lightning Safety Rule: Go indoors if, after seeing lightning, you cannot count to 30 before hearing thunder. Stay indoors for 30 minutes after hearing the last clap of thunder.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile. Although you may be injured if lightning strikes your car, you are much safer inside a vehicle than outside.
- Remember, rubber-soled shoes and rubber tires provide NO protection from lightning. However, the steel frame of a hard- topped vehicle provides increased protection if you are not touching metal
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
- Unplug and electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
What to do DURING THE STORM
- Use your battery operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials
- Avoid contact with coded phones. Use a corded telephone only for emergencies. Cordless and cellular telephones are safe to use.
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords. Unplug appliances and other electrical items such as computers and turn off air conditioners. Power surges from lightning can cause serious damage.
- Avoid contact with plumbing. Do not wash your hands, do not take a shower, do not wash dishes, and do not do laundry. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct elecricity
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay away off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors and do not lean against concrete walls
- Avoid natural lightning rods such as tall, isolated tree in an open area
- Avoid hilltops, open fields, the beach or a boat on the water
- Take shelter in a sturdy building. Avoid isolated sheds or other small structures in open areas
- Avoid contact with anything metal
- If you are driving, try to safety exit the roadway and park. Stay in the vehicle and turn on the emergency flashers until the heavy rain ends. Avoid touching metal or other surfaces that conduct electricity in and outside the vehicle.
What to do AFTER THE STORM
- Never drive through a flooded roadway
- Stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk from the effects of severe thunderstorm
- Continue to listen to a NOAA Weather Radio or to local radio and television stations for updated information or instructions, as access to roads or some parts of the community may be blocked
- Help people who may require special assistance, such as infants, children and the elderly or those with access or functional needs
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately
- Watch your animals closely. Keep them under your direct control
SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle is always ready to help if a nasty storm has messed with your home. You can always give us a call at 757-479-4447.
Putting out a fire can be worse than the fire itself....
Fire damage in a business can be stressful for owners, property managers, employees, and tenants. Property damage, equipment damage, document loss and temporary business closure are just some of the concerns you may experience.
- Here is what you can do until help arrives:
- Limit movement in the facility to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old lines on rugs and high traffic areas.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliance with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between office furniture legs and wet carpets.
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Clean any electrical equipment.
- Send clothing to dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Give SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle a call at 757-479-4447. we are always available 24/7, 365 days a year!
With any leak it's the water you don't see that causes the most damage
Any water damage in your facility is bad.
There is no such thing as a small disaster. Especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria. Water damage can affect the value of your property. So before you get out the mop bucket and box fan to try and clean it up yourself, consider how this will affect your property.
SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle understands how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business. For this reason, SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle offers 24-hour emergency response.
So before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle!
Trained and equipped to quickly dry and protect your facility and contents..
A mop and common cleaning products may not be enough for serious water instructions. SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle is trained to safely clean and restore your building, utilizing the following procedures:
- Identify the source/type of water.
- Measure temperate and humidity for drying analysis.
- Survey the extent of damage and inspect the premises.
- Perform emergency water extraction.
- Apply necessary treatments.
- Utilize drying equipment and monitor drying.
Give SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle a call at 757-249-4447. We are available 24/7, and 365 days a year!
When You Need To Get Back To Business Quickly
Here is how the SERVPRO of Newport News process works...
Within 1 hour from notice of lose, we will contact you to arrange for service. You will know help is on the way.
Within 4 hours, we will be on site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is responding quickly to damage.
We then give you a detailed explanation, a trained, uniformed, and equipped professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
Next is pretesting, we begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward.
Within 8 hours of an on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally the adjuster or property manager.
Now we have the good part...the Cleaning and Restoration step. We will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has taken over.
Lastly, we have the final walk-through. After the work has been completed. a final walk-through will be conducted to help ensure satisfaction will our results.
SERVPRO's 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines help ensure timely communication and response. Quick and accurate response can minimize loss expense from secondary damages.
Give us a call at 757-479-4447
Trying To Sell Your Home?
Clean homes sell faster!
Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminates like mold and irritating dust throughout a home. SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle can examine duct work and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
Duct and HVAC System Cleaning Can:
- Reduce allergens and pet dander
- Eliminate offensive odors
- Improve operating conditions and efficiency
Top Show Conditions and Ready To Sell
It is a fact: A clean, fresh smelling home sells faster. Unfortunately, not all homes are maintained in the same way. Nearly all realtors are faced, at some point, with a difficult listing to show.
Veteran realtors encourage clients to keep their homes in top condition for very important reasons
- Increased market value
- Reduced lice to sale conversion time
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales
SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle offer a variety of services to help revive your listing to top show conditions:
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapery and Blind Cleaning
- Ceiling, Wall, and Hard Floor Cleaning
- Duck & HVAC Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
Give us a call at 757-479-4447 were ready 24/7, 365 days a year!
Fire Damage Tips
Here are some emergency fire damage tips to keep in mind...
- Keep hands clean
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old lines on carpeted traffic area to prevent more soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refigerator and prop doors open
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant
- Do not attemp to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle
- Do not attemp to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or whater without consulting a repair service
Give us a call at 757-479-4447 whenever you are in need!